Mango and Rum Upside-Down Cake
2 Fresh Mangoes
75g Caster Sugar
30g Vegan Spread (Margarine)
3 Star Anise
4 tbsp White Rum
250g Puff Pastry
1. Peel, destone and slice the mangoes.
2. In a shallow frying pan at very low heat, caramelise the sugar.
3. Add the vegan spread, star anise and the rum. Mix well and remove from heat.
4. Add the mango slices, mix well and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Roll the puff pastry out to about 10 mm tall and cut into a circle.
6. Score the puff pastry with a fork and cover the mango still in the frying pan.
7. Bake for 25 minutes at 180°.
8. Allow to cool for 1 hour. Tip upside down and serve with lime zest and vanilla ice cream.