Broad Bean, Pea and Basil Soup
1 White Onion
400g Fresh Broad Beans
200g Fresh Peas
800ml Vegetable Stock
1 tbsp Basil Leaves
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Peel and roughly chop the onion.
2. In a large saucepan, heat the oil with the onion and cook until brown, add 300g of broad beans and 100g of peas.
3. Add the stock and a few basil leaves. Blend immediately to preserve the bright green colour.
4. Return to the heat and add the remaining peas and broad beans and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Season and serve with bread sticks or toast.