Asparagus, Saffron and Walnut Risotto
1 Onion (Finely Chopped)
4 tbsp Olive Oil
500g Arborio Risotto Rice
1 Bay Leaf
1 Glass White Wine
1200ml Vegetable Stock
1 tbsp Saffron Stem
4 tbsp Toasted Walnuts
1 tbsp Margarine
1. Trim the asparagus and cut into 1 inch pieces. Cook the asparagus inside the boiling stock for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Keep the stock to cook the rice.
2. In a large heavy bottom pan, heat the oil with the bay leaf and the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the rice, stir and cook for another minute.
3. Add the white wine and stir until the all liquid is absorbed.
4. Add a ladle of stock, stir and once adsorbed add another ladle of stock.
5. Dissolve the saffron in 2 tbsp stock. Add to the rice along with the asparagus.
6. Keep adding the stock until it is finished and the rice is soft but with a little bite(al dente).
7. Remove from heat, add the margarine and the hazelnuts crushed, stir well and serve.