For the sauce
400ml Soya Milk
2 Tbsp Margarine or Vegetable Oil
4 Tbsp All Purpose Flour
1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
For the crepes
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- In a saucepan, mix the margarine with the flour over a low heat until creamy.
- In a separate pan, boil the milk with the nutmeg and gradually add to the flour mix. Stir to avoid lumps.
- Continue to stir until the sauce has thickened and boil for a few minutes then remove from the heat, add the nutritional yeast and salt to taste and set aside.
- Mix the pancake ingredients together and whisk until the batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Cook the crepes and set aside.
- Boil the asparagus for 4 minutes in boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Fill each crepe with asparagus and sauce. Add sauce to the bottom of a baking dish and line the crepes up inside.
- Cover the pancakes with sauce and bake for 10 minutes.