Asparagus and Mushroom Vol-au-Vents
300g White Mushrooms
2 Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Parsley
1/2 Cup White Wine
1 Bunch Asparagus
1 Puff Pastry Sheet
For the caper sauce
1 tbsp Capers
1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
1 Garlic Clove
1 tbsp Fresh Basil
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1. Roughly chop the mushrooms.
2. In a saucepan, cook the oil, garlic and mushrooms until golden, add the wine and let it reduce until it has evaporated, remove from the heat and add the parsley.
3. Steam the asparagus and cut into 2 cm pieces. Set aside the tops for garnish and blend the rest with the mushroom mix.
4. Roughly blend the caper sauce ingredients and set aside.
5. Pre-heat the oven at 170°C. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface or sheet of baking paper. Using a big cutter or a large glass about 7 cm diameter, cut out 4 circles. Cut out two of the centres with a smaller cutter and place the outer circles on top of the other two circles.
6. Place the circles on a lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes at 170°C until gold and flaky.
7. Fill the middle of each vol au vent with the mushroom and asparagus mix and garnish with the asparagus tips. Serve with the caper sauce.