Asparagus and Mushroom Vol-au-Vents
300g White Mushrooms
2 Garlic Cloves
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Parsley
1/2 Cup White Wine
1 Bunch Asparagus
1 Puff Pastry Sheet
For the caper sauce
1 Tbsp Capers
1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
1 Garlic Clove
1 Tbsp Fresh Basil
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Roughly chop the mushrooms.
- In a saucepan, cook the oil, garlic and mushrooms until golden, add the wine and let it reduce until it has evaporated, remove from the heat and add the parsley.
- Steam the asparagus and cut into 2 cm pieces. Set aside the tops for garnish and blend the rest with the mushroom mix.
- Roughly blend the caper sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven at 170°C. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface or sheet of baking paper. Using a big cutter or a large glass about 7 cm diameter, cut out 4 circles. Cut out two of the centres with a smaller cutter and place the outer circles on top of the other two circles.
- Place the circles on a lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes at 170°C until gold and flaky.
- Fill the middle of each vol au vent with the mushroom and asparagus mix and garnish with the asparagus tips. Serve with the caper sauce.